Petzl ID Evac S
Self-braking descender with anti-panic function for lowering from an anchor, ideal to use as a rescue device from a basal anchor on a pre installed line.
The I’D EVAC self-braking descender is primarily designed for lowering from an anchor. The ergonomic handle is specifically oriented for managing a load from the anchor and offers comfortable descent control. The integrated anti-panic function and anti-error catch limit the risk of an accident due to user error. The AUTO-LOCK system allows the rope to be automatically locked without having to manipulate the handle or tie off the device. Once locked, the rope can be taken up without having to manipulate the handle. The safety gate allows the rope to be installed with the device remaining connected to the anchor. I’D EVAC is compatible with 10 to 11.5 mm ropes and allows handling of loads up to 250 kg.
- Designed for lowering from an anchor
- Easy to use:
- safety gate on the moving side plate allows the rope to be installed easily while the device remains connected to the anchor
- easy rope installation, thanks to the rope guide and markings
- anti-error catch to reduce the risk of an accident due to incorrect installation of the device on the rope
- ergonomic handle allows the rope to be released and enables comfortable control of the descent. Two possible descent modes: on the side plate or in the V-shaped friction channel. The handle is specifically oriented for managing a load from the anchor
- anti-panic function automatically stops the descent if the user pulls too hard on the handle.
The AUTO-LOCK system allows the rope to be automatically locked without having to manipulate the handle or tie off the device. The automatic return system on the handle limits the risk of the device getting accidentally snagged
- handle automatically switches to storage position when the rope is removed from the device, reducing the risk of accidental snagging when the descender is carried on the harness
- once locked, the rope can be taken up without having to manipulate the handle, allowing the user to make a reversible haul system
- the moving side-plate can be locked shut with a screw, allowing the I’D EVAC to be integrated into evacuation kits
- open auxiliary brake allows the user to increase the friction in accordance with the weight of the load and the rope diameter, and to install or release a rope at any time
- The stainless steel wear plate improves durability by reinforcing the rope friction zone
- Descending a heavy load up to 250 kg
- Rope compatibility: 10 to 11.5 mm diameter
- Available in two colors: yellow and black